Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

July 11, 2010

Moon Child.....inspiration me

If I could describe myself I would use the words moon child. I love the midnight hour on a full moon night when you look up and feel as though you could touch the moon. I love that it shines light on an otherwise dark night. I love that I feel so alive when I should be in the dead of sleep. I sleep in the comfort of two drawings. One is of 3 wolves in a winter scenery, one running along, two staring out under a moonlit night, a dream catcher floating in the middle of landscape. The second drawing is on a rather large dream catcher. A lone wolf howling toward a moon. A profile of an Indian along side of that moon. Whether day or night when I look at those drawings - I am peaceful.


Most days I am quite the recluse. Reading, meditating, working, learning, studying or just contemplating. I would use the excuse of not having a car, but even then, I rarely left my humble abode. With the chaos of commuting, the constant dealing of people's characteristics, the long walks between transport, I relish the weekend to just rest. To just be. I watch some television and on Sunday's I watch the Preachers scream their lessons. The church bells ring their songs. The birds chant their tunes. I am peaceful.

Just when I think I am thoughtless, inspiration creeps in.

I think of the people in and out of my life. I think of co-workers. Friends. Family. Even of the strangers that cross my daily path. I can't help but let the watcher in me observe.

Negativity is in the air like the very air we breath. Don't believe me? Tell someone you feel this recession will just get better. Tell someone that the market will improve. Tell someone that you will get out of a rut. Tell someone you are in love. Get back to me on the most popular replies. Negative or positive?

I give classes on being positive on prayers and all that is spiritual. If I teach 100, I am lucky if 10 get it. 100 will leave feeling lifted, 90 will speak to others and deflate.

Someone sent me a video (you tube) of a man that had videoed a rainbow which looked like two rainbows side by side. You could hear him go from awe, to exhiliration, to laughing, to outright crying. 4 minutes worth of this, all the while the camera is aimed at the rainbow. I must admit, I got a kick out of it, even wanted some of that mushroom he must have eaten. But then...as I sit nursing a cold, reading, meditating, working, learning, studying or just contemplating; that I had not seen a rainbow in many many years. How if I looked at one now, I would just stare at it in awe. That man in all his glory just loved that rainbow, that double rainbow. Who could honestly say they have that much passion? For anything or anyone other then themselves?
It is so easy to say, I can't do this and I can't do that. When you won't know unless you try. To have the nerve to want something and not the nerve to believe you deserve it. To settle for less when more is just around the corner. To listen to a naysayer instead of those that are positive. To lose faith because you suffer rather then embrace faith to end it.

Yes... If I had the ability to have a night out in the moon light, surrounded by the wonderful trees, I would just bask in it. If there was a body of water near, I would dip in. I would think of nothing but the possibilities that the morning would bring. At the midnight hour I would make a mental list of all those things I deserve, believe and positively embrace. That's what the moon child in me does.

Where's your moon child?

07/11/2010
~g

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Gracey! Well written and causes you to think about what is inspiring, it's all around us, positive or negative, it's up to us to choose what we want to see! Inspire on... Moon child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very refreshing to read about finding inspiration from what is already there for us to see. Instead of the push to change, create, invent, re-invent, predict, control or manipulate something to bring us joy. Sometimes it is in the quiet that we hear things the loudest. have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. @yourpocketguru, thank you. I thought it went well with our positive tweets today. I tend to forget my own writings. Good to reflect...remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @NJGreats, thank you for visiting and commenting. Yes...it is in the quiet indeed. I wish more would just try it.

    ReplyDelete