Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

April 10, 2012

Inspiration me...It's been a while. Can you learn and be inspired from.............quotes and movies?

Can you get inspired by old quotes and movies?  Learn a lesson from just a quote?  I can... let me show you how.


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr


Wisdom to know the difference - that's where the problem mostly lies.  They say to have hope, but what if the years come and go and hope is still all you have?  They say believe and it shall be.  What if you believe for so long you can't decipher reality from fantasy?  What will courage and serenity do then?

I would say Grant me the wisdom to know the difference, the difference between what can be changed and what can't, then the wisdom to accept it.  The courage to move on and serenity to accept the time it took.


"It's all really very simple. You don't have to choose between being kind to yourself and others. It's one and the same." - Piero Ferrucci

Although in order to be kind to others you must first be kind to yourself.  Learn how, share and you'll habitually be even kinder to both.


Reese: When you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different, someone better. When that person is taken from you, what do you become then? ~Person of Interest
What if the person is not taken away but there...they just stopped being the person that connects you to the world.  You don't go finding another...you learn to search for yourself and know that you will meet others along the way.

'It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." ~unknown

Oh...but it's easier to curse the darkness.  Harder to walk through touching you way.  I'll light the candle knowing that if it goes out and I run out of matches... I can curse, walk and still find my way.


And a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone. ~Tyrion from Game of Thrones

Pretty much all those quotes lead to one thing.  Learn!  Watch and learn, listen and learn, see and learn.  When you find you can't learn...  change what you can, accept what you can't and the courage will teach you the difference.

2 comments:

  1. In a world full of chaos, I have missed your thought provoking pieces that plant my feet firmly to the ground. I hope you are doing well Gracey.
    Smile,

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bruce! I am well thanks, I hope all goes well with you.

    More to come on this blog, stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete