Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

November 19, 2010

Inspiration me...Greater picture

Keeping a word I made to myself recently has proved difficult.  I vowed that for every rant I wrote or spoke, I would write or speak two inspirational writings and outweigh the negative.

Tonight...I get home at the latest hour yet, barely anytime for the last of the packing.  In the morning I begin a new journey.  Before a panic attack could sneak in, I just relax.  I turn on the TV, no particular channel, mostly for company and noise.

After a while I realize that the 700 Club is on, I never watch it.  Skeptical to say the least of their motives.  Yet an interview was in play.  Mathew West and his new CD (never heard of him).

He reached out to his fans and asked that they send him their stories.  He had already cut an album that did well in and out of the Christian faith.  An album of his trials and tribulations.  His request he expected would send about a hundred or so of letters, so overwhelmed he rented a cabin and locked himself in with 10,000+ letters.  The result..... his new album - The Story of Your Life.

He spoke of the overwhelming feelings while reading people's stories, 'the good, the bad and the ugly'.

He sang a song that just overwhelmed me.  So beautiful, so powerful, so inspirational that I immediately googled the CD for purchase.  The song?  My own little world, population 1.

That song could not have been more appropriate for me to hear at that moment.

It's not my own little world and it sure isn't population 1 anymore.  But most of all, he asked himself something in the lyrics?  What I have I done for another lately.

Matthew West, I shall not forget that name.  And I anxiously wait for the CD to hear how he took those stories and spun them into song.

A moment of time trapped in an interview from TV.  Yes.....I live for the moments.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how this all works GC... after reading your post, I immediately set out and google Matthew West as well... I find the you tube video song My own little world, Population 1... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvSwcMp9vU4

    the second verse when he talks about seeing a homeless widow. This line sparked something in me. See, every day on my way to work, I see the same homeless man, an elderly black man in a wheel chair. For month I have walked by him. I have wondered how he ended up, on the streets of Chicago in a wheel chair. I have wondered what his life was like when he was my age. Every time, I have walked by him, head down, just kind of ignoring the situation. Afraid to give, for fear that once I start and since I see him every day, I will never be able to stop. The thing is, I never give till it hurts…. I can afford to share, I can hurt and still survive.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with me… Tomorrow I will not be ashamed to walk by him. I will stop, I will give and I will continue to give….

    ReplyDelete