Hello Everyone,

October 2015

I love October, not just because it is my birthday month but because the air changes, the season changes, the time changes.

It is when we must embrace the fact that the time change will have us seeing the dark sooner. A time when the trees begin to let loose the leaves, orange, brown and yellow leaves flying about.

It is the time when the ghouls and horrors are seen in decorations, shows, movies and parties.

It is the time when we say farewell to the summer heat, smile toward the cooler weather and wonder of the winter to come.

Happy October! May there be light within you to shine upon the earlier darker hours. May the ghouls and gremlins that ring the door bell make you smile and partake in trick or treat.

May you embrace the change in season knowing... it will bring us back to Spring soon enough.

I have added a tab - Whisper my words, which is a link to my site where I post stories, poems, AndMore events and the Watcher's Journal. Take a peek and enjoy.

Enjoy!

~g

November 19, 2010

Inspiration me...Greater picture

Keeping a word I made to myself recently has proved difficult.  I vowed that for every rant I wrote or spoke, I would write or speak two inspirational writings and outweigh the negative.

Tonight...I get home at the latest hour yet, barely anytime for the last of the packing.  In the morning I begin a new journey.  Before a panic attack could sneak in, I just relax.  I turn on the TV, no particular channel, mostly for company and noise.

After a while I realize that the 700 Club is on, I never watch it.  Skeptical to say the least of their motives.  Yet an interview was in play.  Mathew West and his new CD (never heard of him).

He reached out to his fans and asked that they send him their stories.  He had already cut an album that did well in and out of the Christian faith.  An album of his trials and tribulations.  His request he expected would send about a hundred or so of letters, so overwhelmed he rented a cabin and locked himself in with 10,000+ letters.  The result..... his new album - The Story of Your Life.

He spoke of the overwhelming feelings while reading people's stories, 'the good, the bad and the ugly'.

He sang a song that just overwhelmed me.  So beautiful, so powerful, so inspirational that I immediately googled the CD for purchase.  The song?  My own little world, population 1.

That song could not have been more appropriate for me to hear at that moment.

It's not my own little world and it sure isn't population 1 anymore.  But most of all, he asked himself something in the lyrics?  What I have I done for another lately.

Matthew West, I shall not forget that name.  And I anxiously wait for the CD to hear how he took those stories and spun them into song.

A moment of time trapped in an interview from TV.  Yes.....I live for the moments.