Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

November 22, 2010

Move Along

My dad used to say that you know who your friends were when you saw who visited you at the hospital, call when your child is very sick, stand strong when time weaken you and when you move.

Saturday 7am - the calls began, the excuses I have to admit were pretty unique.  The part that is most disturbing is that these are people that volunteered.  The only person that I knew would not make it in advance is someone that had been sick with the flu.

The trusty family friend was there, my sister, her husband and my nephew who brought along another teenager.  My son who had to work that afternoon was there as well.  Of all my moves and there has been plenty this one ran the smoothest.  Meal time breaks were even just as smooth.

The morning did start with a panic attack and finding out I packed my meds.  But...by the time my sis got there, I just grabbed her hand and she talked me through it.  It was the last attack since that morning.

That first night I slept with a peace and comfort I had not felt in several months.  Sunday morning I began the task of unpacking the boxes that would remain in the house, all else already in storage.  By 4pm 80% if not more was completed.  Another peaceful nights rest.

As I sit in the bus for that long ride I was told several years ago.  'Many people think they have many friends and great family.  But...the reality is few have that.  We have wanderers that slip into and out of our lives and if we're lucky there are a couple to a few that hang around.'  That's a true statement.

I also remembered something else - through thick and thin, my sis and I stand together.  That family friend stood tall beside us and the feeling of love was great.

That song plays in my head, Move Along.  Appropriate to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment