Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

November 11, 2010

Inspiration me.....Veterans Day

To all Veterans....I appreciate you!

I also appreciate that you remind me of some things.......like........

No matter how bad I may think a job, boss, commute or co-workers in my lifetime - it would be nothing in comparison to your job.

On the worst day our boss doesn't send us to the front line.
On our worst day we can quit and not face court martial.
When we bid goodnight to one another it is not with the fear that it may be our last farewell.
On the worst traffic day we still don't have to worry about mine fields.
We can say no to our boss and the worst may be insubordination - not lock up.
Our storms are rain, hail and snow......not bullets and missiles.
Getting along with one another is a choice not a life and death necessity.
I have no issue with putting foot to ass for my country, but the most fighting I have to do is in explaining some of my actions and words.  Not a daily war in a distant land under command.
We always know why we are told to do something, are at least in my job prepared for the consequences which are not fatal, our religious belief intact, our morals intact and with no call to harm another.
We willingly enter employment and leave.  You willingly enter and must stay your term.

I appreciate you.  For defending our country - our lives, whether you are given the reason or not.  I appreciate your fallen co-workers, the bosses that must live with their commands.  I appreciate each and every Veteran and active man and woman each and every day I have the liberty to work the way I do.

2010©Gracey Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment