Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

November 18, 2010

Inspiration me...resurrection

In my culture we reach a certain age and are taught of a plant.  We call it the Prosperity plant.  The plant when dry balls up, when you water it, it will open up.  The plant itself is a family of the cacti.

I have always had one or more since I was a teenager.  The plant always fascinates me.  When I forget all about the plant (since I store high and out of sight) at times I find that it is balled up and brittle and brown.  I pour some water and it opens up as time goes by a light green can be seen.

At times I feel like this plant.  Forgotten, dried out and balled up, huddled defensively.  Alive yet you wouldn't know it by looking.  Then moments happen.....

A moment of caring, happiness, hope, of planning, change, of feeling alive.  Like water over me; I blossom for that moment/s.  I open up, brighten up, stretch out and live.  Soaking in those moments like water, hoping there will be no drought.  Knowing there will be a drought.

Like that plant I resurrect.  I long for the moment as it does for water and when denied........

Bring me the moments...

2 comments: