Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

November 13, 2010

Inspiration me....panic

I developed panic attacks a couple of years ago, when I lived with a psycho and worked for another one.  At first I thought I was having a heart attack, then I hoped I was having a heart attack.

The pain unbearable.  The hyper breathing adding to it.  The cold sweats and the sheer panic....horrible.

For the past several months I had not had them until one night a brick fell on my reality.  Then more bricks on other realities.  The insomnia I had not felt crept back with a vengeance.

As I pack to move feeling that familiar feeling of not knowing a home.  Of not knowing where I belong.  I felt the cold sweat, the heavy breathing, the pain.  I stop packing and I sit.  This is one of those times where I would write to my friend, write out the pain, the fears, the insecurities.  But I can't, not anymore.  So....the pain increases, the breathing more labored and I then hold onto to my chest.

Then I just cry and as fast as I start...I stop.  There is no time for tears.  I take deep breaths over and over.  I chant my mantra.  I pray for God to give me strength.

Inspire me...someone...anyone....then I hear my father's voice.  I miss that man so much.  "Kiddo, you're stronger then you think."

He had such belief in me like no other.  I grabbed the first book I saw that wasn't packed.  Good ole Jessica Shepherd.

'As you are generous with your truth, the truth will be generous with you.'  Yes...the truth is, I am stronger then I believe.

I breathe easier.  I feel less pain.  The room no longer spins.  'Thanks Dad.'

I wait for the family friend that will arrive to help with the last of the packing and I am grateful that panic attack is passing.  I am grateful for more than that.

2 comments:

  1. I have had panic attacks, I know they are not fun, I am not a psychologist but I have had my fair share of therapy in my life. The panic is coming for fear. Fear of leaving your comfort zone, fear that you might un prepared for the move. I loved the fact that you reached out and asked for help, I am glad you heard your fathers voice. I am also glad you found the courage to share your fears… Thanks GCC, see you a week from Sat… smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems when stressed they come on like sneak attacks. But in a few days I should be right as rain (whatever that means)

    ReplyDelete