Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

March 21, 2011

Inspiration me....sucking the life out of someone

'My life belongs to the vampire. I only work here.' ~Biting Back Claudia Cunningham

I already knew of energy vampires (The term "energy vampire" is also used metaphorically, to refer to people whose influence leaves a person feeling exhausted, unfocused and depressed) for some time now.  I have been surrounded by them most of my life.  I worked for one that sunk her teeth so deep, she nearly impaled me.

The obvious ones are easier to recognize, but the ones that subtle, now those you barely see.  They don't show their true selves, more like adapting to you, your way of being, habits, etc.  Learning your weaknesses.  Don't be fooled, you are prey.  They need and want your energy.  Before you know it, you are dismal, negative, tired, depressed and they are what you were.  Full of life...your life.

It is only recently that I have adapted to the 'It's my life and I LIVE it' mantra.  I knew that's how it should be but I always allowed an energy vampire in.  The things is, you can let them in but you most definitely can kick them OUT.

Don't feel guilty for taking control of your life.  Take your happiness and walk right out of their lives, making sure they know, they are not 'invited'.  There are so many people out there waiting to be met.  People with energy of their own and no need to suck yours out.

Let the 'vampires' hang with their own.  Join the 'living'...join the optimistic of the world and watch our self become one with our own energy.

Are you sucking the life out of someone?  Taking someone for granted?  Over sharing your misery repeatedly? Do you believe misery loves company?  .......than  you are an energy vampire.


2 comments:

  1. Love the quote!

    Thanks! This really made me smile...and I'll be reading your blog from now on.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia,

    I am both surprised and tickled bright pink over your comment. Thank you and your book as been quite the inspiration!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete