Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

March 31, 2011

Inspiration me...today I will...learning discipline

'today I will...learning discipline...surrender to discipline. I realize that sometimes it takes time to see the fruits of labors, yet I still need to practice discipline. Help me to remember, God, that I'm moving forward, and that I'm learning the very important art of discipline.' ~ Language of letting go by Melody Beattie

'We calmly ask ourselves, with dismal satisfaction, that we're seeing the truth about them for the first time.' `Biting Back by Claudia Cunningham

'Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.' ~Dr. Alexis Carrel


See..the thing about wanting to know why ones life is the way it is, you get to a point when you have to look within.  Is the pain just falling from the sky? Or...are you letting it in.  Inviting it so to speak.
 
If you know that someone is taking advantage, is the pain it causes really a surprise?  If someone plays with your heart and mind, did they learn a code to get to it? Or did you let them in?
 
I remember thinking while watching Vampire Diaries that I wouldn't mind letting Damian in for a bite.  In hindsight, that little joke to self was more like a reality with me concerning others.  Those that feed off my energy, my life, my finance, my happiness, my sadness, my passion and even my anger.
 
It is surprising to me how instead of calming someone when they are angry some people treat it like a Bytch fest, or when sad it becomes a pity party.  Before you know it - one of you is exhausted and still frustrated while the other is exhilarated.
 
Knowing this is not enough!  It's like a war to regain... self.  You must plan the battlefield (your core), carefully select your weapons (inner strength, faith and perseverance), never retreat (it's a fight to the end).  And...when you win...you must stand like a warrior to let others know, that too can happen to them if they try to take advantage.
 
Knowing is not enough!  You must realize, admit and stop giving the impression, signs or weakness that tells life sucking people that your life is not theirs for the taking.
 
I don't see 'the truth' for 'the first time', I merely admit it for 'the first time'.
 
The marble that is me, will be sculpted by me, as a warrior with heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment