Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

March 28, 2011

Inspiration me...today I will...healthy giving

'Inspiration me...today I will practice healthy giving, understanding that care taking and compulsive giving don't work. I choose what I want to give, to whom, when, and how much. It takes time to learn how to give in health ways. It takes time to learn to receive. Balance will come.' ~Melody Beattie in The Language of Letting go.

"While waking up to the fact that we're giving our lives away to vampires may not feel like such a good thing, let me assure you: it is." ~Biting Back by Claudia Cunningham.

Those of you that have followed my writing may know of 'The Quest', my constant journeys to finding a better way of living, a way to not only find but maintain happiness.  During my quests I always come across the same lesson that I must find hard to learn.  People can suck the energy even life right out of you.  My latest quest teaches me that I lend a hand to that feeding.

I am generous to a fault and have been told that many times.  It isn't a compliment, the word fault alone should make that clear enough.  I am learning that holding back is good not just for myself but for the other party.   Now I 'choose' what to give, when, how much and why.  I also learned that I don't have to give an explanation.  It is incredible how arrogant people are.  It is not enough to just say no, you must give a reason as if to justify the answer.  Which in all reality means they were expecting a yes.  They were 'telling' you what they wanted in a form of a question.  Because 'you' - 'I' have taught them by not saying no, that it is acceptable to demand in the form of a question.

I am 'awake' to 'the fact' that I have been giving my 'life' away.  I devote each day to getting it back.

Are you withering away?  Do you see the people that are fanged out in front of you?  If you look closely within...are you tilting you head for easy access without knowing it?

WAKE up.  Be generous but not to a fault.  Take control of your inner and outer assets.  Teach others how to appreciate their inner and outer assets... by example.

2 comments:

  1. I was talking to my Watcher Julie (from the book) yesterday and reiterating that I think, deep inside that the reason I feel so violated by vampires is that what they're really saying to me, when I refuse their requests and they keep coming back (usually having shifted shape, ex. used to ask to borrow things, but now come demanding my time to listen to their problems instead) is that THEIR will for what I do with my life is more important than MY will is for what I do with my life. Which enrages me. I do believe that each of us has been given the gifts of life and free will from our Creator, and we are literally DESIGNED to feel rage, fear, sadness, etc., when a "vampire" tries to steal those things from us...and especially when we feel ourselves going along with them and feeding what we don't want to feed. Then the real blood loss starts, right?
    It is really fun to watch you record your progress and evolution with this. Congratulations, Gracey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, I can understand and agree withyour above sentence 'each of us has been given the gifts...'
    Thank you for your support. The book has been a daily guidance as well as reminder. It is so easy to get off track. I now see how easy and remain with goal intact.

    ReplyDelete