Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

March 15, 2011

Inspiration me...seeing things for how they are

Inspiration me.....seeing things for how they are

Imagination, creativity, fantasy are things that can be well and good.  However, it can also be a strong enemy.

My constant prayer 'Lord, help me to see things for how they are, and not how I fantasize them to be.'

A daily mantra; for I tend to let the writer in me use words to paint a landscape that is not real.  The fine line between dreaming and reality isn't even on that paper/canvas.  Before I know it I believe in the dream and lose sight of the reality.

I tend to see the good in people to a tremendous fault.  To the point where I want to believe in the good that may not even be there.  I tend to overlook the faults that cause me pain...ever hopeful that the fantasy of their changing would become reality.  I than seem to lose focus on which is the dream and which is the fantasy.

I wish I knew the answer to knowing the difference immediately.  I don't.  Hence the daily prayer, the constant mantra.

I have taken to shutting down.  Just eliminating all from me.  Grouping the speckles of what is left of my strength and hoping I can extend myself with caution once again.

I remember my mother once saying...'Some are meant to be alone. You are one of those.'  After decades of the fantasy that she may have just had a mean moment when saying that to me when a mere child.  I stand as woman slowly seeing that fine line to reality and knowing, I am my mothers daughter.

But I find a peace in that.  In knowing that for the first time in years, I know where I am standing and I slowly see the landscape, no matter how dismal... I shall put my pen down and learn to pick up a paint brush.  It reminds me of something I see often in others.  How most people would rather be right then hopeful.  Right than faithful.  You can't be both if the answer is different.  You can't say 'that person will die of his sickness' then say 'I believe he will make it' or 'I pray he makes it'.

Am I right or am I faithful?  Has my frenemy Hope seeped into my heart when I was not looking?  Or has reality placed the weight of harshness on me?  Do I want to be right or faithful?

Are you right?  The self proclaimed genius with all answers?  Or....are you hopeful, faithful or a grand painter?

No comments:

Post a Comment