Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

March 29, 2011

Inspiration me...I am a human being, not a human doing

I am a human being, not a human doing.  Don't equate your self-worth with how how well you do things in life. You aren't what you do.  If you are what you do, then when  you don't...you aren't. ~Inner Wisdom Cards by Dr. Wayne Dyer

Lord, what fools these mortals be! ~ A Midsummer Night's Dream, 3. 2

Or in the night, imagining some fear, How easy is a bush supposed a bear! ~ A Midsummer Night's Dream, 5. 1

It's incredible that when you do and do and do; three things happen.  It is always expected of you to 'do'.  What you 'do' eventually is all the is described of you.  When you stop 'do'ing, you don't know who you are.

I stopped.  I stopped talking, caring, loving, trying, preaching, hoping, dreaming, listening, speaking, feeling, doing.  I just stopped!  It wasn't intentional.  I just one day realized, there isn't a single person alive that really knows me.  You show a little and the rest is assumed, stamped and trademarked.  You are now whatever a person has seen you do.

I stopped.  I couldn't tell what I wanted to stop, change or continue.  So...I stopped it all.  The silence was brief but profound.  In all the complaints, babble and chaos the one sound I heard the loudest was...my silence.

The numbness feels so good, I don't even try to start again.  Rather, I accept that all must change and the all is me.  A rebirth of sorts.  You can't go back, you can't stay; you can only go forward.  Might as well go with a clean slate.

Do you know your worth? Is what you know of yourself or what others perceive? Are you what you do? What happens when you stop?  Are you the sturdy bush or the imaginary bear?

I dare you to be you!  The real you; who will that person be?!

No comments:

Post a Comment