Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

November 21, 2012

Beauty in the mail

BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT

A friend of mine gave me the most wonderful birthday gift this year.  A six month prepaid subscription to Sample Society.

Anyone who knows me will say that I hate shopping.  I will pick one thing and get the standard brown, blue or black.  Simple and consistent.  Makeup is just as routine.

To get me out of my comfort zone with colors and also to help me with my dread for shopping, she signed me up for this wonderful treat.  She is familiar with my subscription with Allure (love that mag) and began buying it herself when she found this service.

I began to investigate further and found some gems.  I will post each beauty in the mail type business in separate posts.  I will start with my fav.


SAMPLE SOCIETY


Sample Society is an online service by Beautybar.com.  This service will send you on a monthly basis FIVE deluxe-sized samples from luxury brands like....

StrivectinErno LaszloDDFDeborah LippmannOscar de la Renta
to name just a few.

The subscription price is a dreamy $15 per month.  If you have commitment issues you can cancel anytime.

I also got a nifty $15 coupon in the box to use against any full size purchase of the samples.  AWESOME!

I loved all the samples in my first bag.  Here's what I got:

Dermalogica Precleanse Deluxe sample

(LOVE THIS, I plan on buying a full size, although the sample has lasted 2 weeks so far and I use it daily)


Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist - this baby just makes my hair shine without any greasy feeling.


Diego dalla palma The Lipstick Deluxe Sample #42-Frost Golden Brick.
I was not too fond of this color for my skin tone but the texture was great for a lipstick.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Deluxe Sample
This hand cream is smooth and smells clean and fresh.  I really liked it and would purchase just for travels.  Great handbag cream.


Diptyque Volutes Eau de Toilette Deluxe Sample

The sample was one of those tiny vials.  Loved the scent but I am not a perfume person.  It is really is a romantic, will wear when going out to impress scent.  Not too heavy nor floral.

All that for $15?????  I was very surprised and pleasantly so.

I mean I get to actually test nice size samples of things for only $15 a month?  Yeah!  I'm keeping and extending this subscription.

I don't know about  you but I thought this gift was BRILLIANT!  I not only love my samples, but I love that on a monthly basis I get a box with some surprises in it.  Kinda makes it feel like it's my birthday every month.

I think this is a great gift idea, the kind that keeps on giving!
The next sample/beauty in a bag posting will be on Little Black Bag.  This one is just plain dangerously addictive.  There's trading and choosing and deadlines OH MY!
Until then click below to see Allure magazines list of beauty sample boxes by mail.  I will only post on those I have tried...curious about the Birchbox one though:

ALLURE




No comments:

Post a Comment