Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

July 21, 2010

AndMore.....Court Part 3‏

I couldn't leave you wondering how my court day went, so here it goes.....


I got to the bus stop and 2 minutes later the skies opened and VOMITED all over my umbrella. The pressure of the water caved one side of it in. So I only had coverage on one side, the purse side of course, to keep it dry.

1 hour later I called the court (worrying the damn judge would send someone as promised) and advised that not one single bus had passed through the town. You try making a call with half an umbrella, thunder and lightening with a splash of downpour. The judge's secretary said 'take your time'. Like I had a fu_cking choice.

My sneakers were soaked, my jeans too and the right side of my body was drenched.

20 additional minutes (I am now officially late to court) a bus shows up and didn't slow down in time to prevent the near attempt of drowning me. It caused a wave of slight flooding water to bathe me. I walked up the bus stairs and glared at the man. It was the same fu_cking Mexican driver from last week. Now I was told of a better way to get to the court bypassing Purgatory bus, but the weather was against me.

I don't remember the ride, I only remember the disgusting feeling of being soaked and wet. I walk with half an umbrella and see a young Muslim girl, hiding from the rain. The heat was unbearable, how do those people wear all that fu_cking material????? I tell her if she is going to the court I will share my half umbrella, better then nothing. She took me up on my offer. Unfu_ckingbelievable. A Rican and a Muslim were walking in the rain.......makes for a joke.....

We part ways after the metal detector. Yes, it still goes off. Yes, the cop still stares. Yes, I still show up to court looking like victim myself.

I get to the court room which was in process and opened the door so that 22 jurors and court staff could glare at me. Like I gave a shit at this point.

I sat down but the walk from the door to my assigned seat left me to render a chorus from my sneakers of SQUISH SQUISH.

It is amazing that 3 weeks later and they haven't fixed the air conditioning in that court room. In addition, the law says the court must be in closed session = CLOSED DOORS. Criminals get better treatment. I swear I am developing asthma in that damn room.

Can't talk about the cases but I will say this. Humanity is going to hell in a hand basket.

It's a full day 21 cases, we don't get out till way after 4. But I am pleased since I will be taking the shuttle and not the Purgatory bus. Shuttle is broken. We stand there for an hour before they decide to put us on another shuttle - wait till those people get dropped off at the opposite direction, then take us to the mall. Where the other shuttle drops us off.

I get to the mall, it is hot as hell. I have to walk the length of the parking lot from Route 46, through the mall, out the other side, then to the length of the parking lot on that side, to take a local bus to my town. Needless to say I get home well after 7pm. It's like commuting from NY.

Both buses had working air conditioning, BARELY working that is. I get to the wooden stairs at the back of the house I live in and climb it. Still hearing the squish, these sneakers will NEVER dry. At the top of the stairs I see an intricate web, about 6 feet high.

I have been fighting with a spider, a mighty large one that insists on building a web so I can walk into it. People in the mountains, sleeping in tents don't put up with the shit I do. I rip down the web, the bastard makes a larger one. I am not so brave as to chase the spider and kill it. It's that BIG.

I go back down the stairs to see if the landlord is in. His house = his spider problem. The WHORE is not in. I go back up, hopping since I took off one wet sneaker and rammed into that web with it. Took a broom and removed the rest. Needless to say, that fu_cking spider is building another one as I type.

I hadn't eaten all day. I eat a bit of dry cereal since I know holding anything down will be impossible after this day. Did I mention no AT&T service? Oh, did I neglect to mention the lack of electricity while I was out and how long it takes to cool down this apartment? Which the sweat on my brow right now states hasn't happened?

I look skyward......Lord, does my atonement account for anything?

87 emails, 29 voice mails, 19 texts. I haven't the energy, I swear I haven't.

I live in a fu_cking swamp. I travel to Dante's Inferno. I listen to stories of Satan's minions, which apparently live and cause havoc 10 minutes away. I am sweating like someone that is in a sauna. Food disgusts me. Cable vision is taking forever to reach a signal and I just haven't the energy for any of it.

How was your fu_cking day?????

07/19/2010
~g

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe all these things happen to you. but I find myself eagerly waiting to find out what happens this week..

    ReplyDelete