Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

November 18, 2011

AndMore...Can I have a door?

About a month ago I had told my boss I wanted a door for my cube.  Tired of people just walking right on in while you are on the phone or in the middle of a thought for an email.  I was thinking of something like this:


The discussion was brief with my stating the door should have a slit for the extension of my desk, so it could open easily.

A month later.....Oh wait...there's a bit to add within that time frame.

Patient Zero


I developed a bit of a cold.  I went to the Dr. and was assured I can go back to work and just take some antibiotics for the sinus infection I also developed.  The next day (Tuesday) I went to work, by the afternoon I felt like death.  The cold worsened, the sinus worsened, I worsened.  I ended up taking the following two days off.

Can I have a WUSS WUSS

My co-workers like front line amateur soldiers began to fall.  One serious cold after another.  Blaming ME and dubbing me Patient Zero.  WUSSES all of THEM!

Personal stuff

Outside of work what could go wrong has gone wrong.  Name it and it has fallen apart.  I haven't the strength or the stomach to tackle any of it.

Commuting through the eighth circle of hell
3 trains and a total of 22 block walk each way doesn't have an improvement in sight.  Hostile commuters, delays, protesters, homeless.....oh wait....can't NOT share this one...

My child's last bottle of milk

On the R train a man with a stroller and a child about the age of 1 gets into the already packed train.  He begins to speak loudly "I apologize for the interruption, but this is my son and we are hungry.  I have not eaten in 20 hours and he is drinking his last bottle of milk".  People stood yelling "HERE, HERE" throwing cash, food and change when they couldn't reach him.  I missed my exit and had to stay on the train and re-route my way back.  I am not heartless, I just can't seem to release the vision of the $300 stroller, name brand diaper bag (with extra filled bottles) or his expensive wardrobe, than again who am I to judge.

back to eighth circle of hell...
This daily commute drains me.  In the morning I am drained by the time I get to the front gate at work.  At the end of the day I am drained and if I have an errand I must talk myself through the exhaustion and mantra myself to get the errand done without falling on my face.

This morning I get to work and this is what waits for me - my cube


Can't say my boss doesn't listen; he hand crafted this door from boxes, tape, print outs and effort.  The damn thing even has a slit and hinge effect.  Gotta love the effort.  The endless parading of co-workers and higher ups no less, making knocking sounds, using their devices to produce doorbell sounds (notice the doorbell on left) was priceless.


This is what does it for me.  Serenity!


This is what gets me through the eighth circle of hell commute, the hassles life throws me, the disappointments and horror people tend to impose and most of all...life.

Knowing that at the end of my morning trip I get to wonder what my boys are up to just perks me up.  The fact that I work in a place (lately) that no matter the horrors outside of the gate, humor is shared.... is PRICELESS.  I can forget my personal woes for a spell.  I can handle the stress the job brings, I can even forget for moments the commute knowing that Quarantine, Bloodboy, Waterford, Shrek (yes, I've named them) and the rest of the people at work have moments to spare to just give a laugh.  And in the most sadistic form provide a request for a door.

I don't know about you but I'll take the crazy door every single time.

Do you have a door waiting at the end of your eighth circle of hell?  Well...you can't have mine, get someone to build one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment