Hello Everyone,

October 2015

I love October, not just because it is my birthday month but because the air changes, the season changes, the time changes.

It is when we must embrace the fact that the time change will have us seeing the dark sooner. A time when the trees begin to let loose the leaves, orange, brown and yellow leaves flying about.

It is the time when the ghouls and horrors are seen in decorations, shows, movies and parties.

It is the time when we say farewell to the summer heat, smile toward the cooler weather and wonder of the winter to come.

Happy October! May there be light within you to shine upon the earlier darker hours. May the ghouls and gremlins that ring the door bell make you smile and partake in trick or treat.

May you embrace the change in season knowing... it will bring us back to Spring soon enough.

I have added a tab - Whisper my words, which is a link to my site where I post stories, poems, AndMore events and the Watcher's Journal. Take a peek and enjoy.

Enjoy!

~g

December 08, 2011

AndMore...PATH to nowhere

It's a bitter cold morning.  I struggled to get up having been awakened at 4am by noise.  By the time I fell back to sleep that damn alarm clock was going off.  The radiators are supposedly broken so it was a freezing morning in the bathroom.  I bought a power strip to plug a small heater and the power strip doesn't work.

I suck it in and brace myself.  I leave and remember that the car is parked on a street that is cleaned this morning.  I find parking and start my 10 block walk to the PATH.  I get there and can't even get to where you enter the station and go up the stairs.  People everywhere. PATH is suspended, no power.

A slew of cops arrive to announce that the PATH may be closed for hours, to take a bus to Journal Square if you need to get to NY.  People ask where the bus is.  There is only one and it is delayed due to over capacity.  UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!  I wait for an hour or so then go home.  Might as well work from home and try again later.

As I begin the 10 block walk back home I am alerting those I see that the PATH is closed.  After a few got verbally hostile I decided FUCK IT, let them find out the way I did.

I get home and only think of one thing - BATHROOM.  But the roommate is in there and normally takes about 2 hours.  I go back outside a few houses to a neighbor and use theirs.  I seriously miss having my own place.  I go back home and make myself a cup of coffee.  After a few work emails I decide to trek back to the PATH.

It's even colder out.  I am tired and on my 10 block walk back thinking 'WHY THE FUCK AM I NOT A SIZE ZERO WITH ALL THIS WALKING????'

I get to the PATH and it's packed, the trains are running but still catching up to loading all the people.  I finally board a train and am lucky to find a seat.  The man next to me decides to chat or actually BITCH. 'I had to walk 6 blocks to the train, stand for 2 hours and I'm late.'  He continued with the damages of MTA and PATH decisions.  After a while he noticed I only looked at him and said nothing he said 'I must be boring you'.  I said 'Not at all, I am just wondering why you would think complaining to any other commuter would be helpful.  I walked 30 blocks, stood for over an hour, when I get to NY I have another 10 blocks to walk and arrive to work HOURS late.  I seriously couldn't care less what other people feel about the hell of commuting'.  He got up and stood by the door.  It's getting harder to make friends.

I get to NY and board the NY train, a homeless person is begging for money because he is hungry.  He is slurring his way through the prepared speech.  I think to myself....I should have started my day with a drink or two.

I get to my stop and bundle up for the 10 block walk to work, feeling  more tired with each step. 'What is it all for'?  I kept asking myself all the way.  I sit and write this the whole time thinking...I could swim across the fucking river faster.

I have the rest of the day ahead of me and about 10% energy, this should prove interesting.