Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

December 08, 2011

AndMore...PATH to nowhere

It's a bitter cold morning.  I struggled to get up having been awakened at 4am by noise.  By the time I fell back to sleep that damn alarm clock was going off.  The radiators are supposedly broken so it was a freezing morning in the bathroom.  I bought a power strip to plug a small heater and the power strip doesn't work.

I suck it in and brace myself.  I leave and remember that the car is parked on a street that is cleaned this morning.  I find parking and start my 10 block walk to the PATH.  I get there and can't even get to where you enter the station and go up the stairs.  People everywhere. PATH is suspended, no power.

A slew of cops arrive to announce that the PATH may be closed for hours, to take a bus to Journal Square if you need to get to NY.  People ask where the bus is.  There is only one and it is delayed due to over capacity.  UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!  I wait for an hour or so then go home.  Might as well work from home and try again later.

As I begin the 10 block walk back home I am alerting those I see that the PATH is closed.  After a few got verbally hostile I decided FUCK IT, let them find out the way I did.

I get home and only think of one thing - BATHROOM.  But the roommate is in there and normally takes about 2 hours.  I go back outside a few houses to a neighbor and use theirs.  I seriously miss having my own place.  I go back home and make myself a cup of coffee.  After a few work emails I decide to trek back to the PATH.

It's even colder out.  I am tired and on my 10 block walk back thinking 'WHY THE FUCK AM I NOT A SIZE ZERO WITH ALL THIS WALKING????'

I get to the PATH and it's packed, the trains are running but still catching up to loading all the people.  I finally board a train and am lucky to find a seat.  The man next to me decides to chat or actually BITCH. 'I had to walk 6 blocks to the train, stand for 2 hours and I'm late.'  He continued with the damages of MTA and PATH decisions.  After a while he noticed I only looked at him and said nothing he said 'I must be boring you'.  I said 'Not at all, I am just wondering why you would think complaining to any other commuter would be helpful.  I walked 30 blocks, stood for over an hour, when I get to NY I have another 10 blocks to walk and arrive to work HOURS late.  I seriously couldn't care less what other people feel about the hell of commuting'.  He got up and stood by the door.  It's getting harder to make friends.

I get to NY and board the NY train, a homeless person is begging for money because he is hungry.  He is slurring his way through the prepared speech.  I think to myself....I should have started my day with a drink or two.

I get to my stop and bundle up for the 10 block walk to work, feeling  more tired with each step. 'What is it all for'?  I kept asking myself all the way.  I sit and write this the whole time thinking...I could swim across the fucking river faster.

I have the rest of the day ahead of me and about 10% energy, this should prove interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment