Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

December 25, 2011

Inspiration me...the bright side

It usually shocks those that think they know me, but...I give inspirational classes. Teaching people that through the worst of times, keeping oneself positive will help to overcome the obstacles. The teacher is also the perpectual student. My nephew Stewie (his real name is Daniel, I dubbed him Stewie cause he reminds me of the baby in Family Guy)is 6 years old and walks on his tippy toes. After misdiagnosis this Wednesday it was finally stated that he has mild cerebral palsy, he is also Dyslexic. To realize what is in store for him was/is heart breaking. The inspiration that kept me from weeping is his constant smile. The innocence he still carries and the love in his voice whe he says 'I love you Titi' I went to work Thursday after a grueling commute, holiday shoppers and tourists the ruthless day walkers as I call them, blocking every step of the way. People usually follow the 11th hour rule to ask for things. In the middle of it all I get a text from my sister, she is at work in pain and with upset stomach. The pain part got me, this is the sister that follows life like Zena the warrior princess. If she is 'saying' that she is in pain then she must be on the brink of passing out. I convince her to go to the ER instead of waiting for the Dr. Appt that was hours away. 12 hours later during which time it took me over 3 to get to Jersey, go home and get the car then go to her house and walk Whiskey (her dog), then get to the hospital where sis was still in ER. That was only the beginning. Long story short, days later sis is finally doing better, they may let her out soon. The dog is finally sleeping although still sad, I finally got some sleep...Christmas eve passed in a blur. The inspiration that got me through..... Upstate. The thought that soon...don't known when but soon I will be at the mountains, resting, Serenity and Tranquility (Tia and Tio), quiet and hopefully a warm fire place...those thoughts kept me sane. I really had no plans for Christmas, since Dad's death this family died with him. My biggest plan was to just rest and head to upstate Christmas day. Inspiration may be delayed but it will arrive. I learned a few things If you expect nothing you really don't get disappointed I'm not the only one that is left at a hospital even with a large family A pet knows when you're in trouble All dogs should be trained to get along with people and other dogs You don't really miss Christmas dinner, KFC will do just fine People will think of themselves even during a holiday that teaches the opposite It is a miracle more people don't die waiting in the ER It is possible to spill an entire cup of hot coffee on yourself when standing still Xanax won't work whe you are really overly stressed People you trust will betray you and so will their offsprings You can reach the point of no return with others and not lose your compassion in humanity, just your faith in them is lost When all else fails, my mantra gets me through.... Life is not hard...people make it so. Happy Birthday Jesus, at least through it all, I remember what today is about. The birth of hope, faith and forgiveness, from one who taught it by practicing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment