Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

December 19, 2011

AndMore....Recipe for a Perfect Christmas

I have several Christmas movies I love, one in particular is Recipe for a Perfect Christmas*.  An admin assist for a magazine is given a trial run as a Food Critic, JJ has her hands full.

Her mother Leigh arrives un-expectantly into town.  A mother that previously preferred traveling about to sticking around, but is now in need of family.  You can't run from loneliness.

Alex, the restaurant owner that can't seem to cut a break.  The building owner is evicting him without giving him the chance to let the business grow.

He needs a Food Critic to advertise his restaurant, JJ needs to come up with THE food article to keep her promotion and her mother needs JJ.

Extraordinary story but similar emotions, I definitely can relate to this story on some level.

Trying to keep family together is at most exhausting and futile.  Trying to keep a positive attitude when the chips are down is....depressing.  Trying to put it all together is just a hope and a prayer.

JJ in the end, uses all her connections to get Food critics, magazine editors and customers to Alex's restaurant, on the eve of both Christmas and his eviction notice.  Her mother finally grows up and acts her age; she also helps out in saving the restaurant and her daughters love life.

Wouldn't it be great to make a few calls, friends and co-workers drop everything to save a business, a heart and a family?  Can it really only happen on the LMN channel?  I don't think so.  I have the most fantastical mind and it tells me anything is possible.

I believe that the right compassionate people in ones life can make any miracle a reality.  Her Recipe for a Perfect Christmas was to believe in others and not just herself.  My recipe?  It's to believe that there are people out there that can think about others.  That can say...to hell with my plans, someone needs me.  That can participate in helping another even if it meant nothing at all in return, but that glimmer of hope.

If my circle of friends were to be tested...I would say 3 out of many would be that Perfect Recipe.  That's not a lot of people, but imagine...if each knew 3 that knew 3 that knew 3 and so on; imagine the miracle that could be created.

A family - unknown could have Christmas, a failing restaurant would be full, a home would have a buffet of food, a can could be filled with singles and coins and in turn give someone a coat on a cold night.  Perhaps this fantastical mind can even picture that all would come true with that same band of 3 friends times 3 times and so on.

Now wouldn't that be the LMN movie of the year let alone of Christmas????

If you got that call...from a friend that needed help, would you think of 3 to call and make it happen?  Or is it the norm to just say...I can't, I'm busy, I'm broke, I have my own problems???  I hope not.  I hope you are the friend that starts the miracle wheel.

May my recipe for a Perfect Christmas be your reality of a Christmas should you find yourself in need of it.

*A Recipe for a Perfect Christmas - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480844/

No comments:

Post a Comment