Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

July 10, 2013

Inspiration me....Getting to know you, getting to know all about you

Inspiration me....Getting to know you, getting to know all about you.

As one of the lyrics to that song goes:
Getting to know you, 
Getting to know all about you. 
Getting to like you, 
Getting to hope you like me. 

But do you really know anyone?  I have known people that after many years were nothing that they portrayed themselves to be.  I have family that I still can't figure out.

I used to say that when you date, you don't really meet the person you are on a date with, you are meeting their representative.  The person they choose to be in the hopes you will like them and they will sell that persona throughout that date.  It isn't until time and many layers later you find out that they were misrepresented.

I used to think that you could know a good friend, trust them and maybe even be their representative if need be.  But, I don't think people are singing the song.  I don't think we are getting to know you, in the hopes that you are getting to know us.

As Shrek in the animation tried to tell Donkey when he had stated:  Ogres are like onions... Onions have layers... Ogres have layers.

Well, people have layers too.  Recently I had a conversation with someone that had no layers, he has reached a point in his life where there is no tolerance for misunderstanding.  He is quite sure of himself and feels that people should accept him as is.  He is not representing himself as a newly manufactured car.  He is AS IS and with no warranty, dings and all.  I have to admire that.  The person you meet the first day is him, you will see the same person each time thereafter.

Shouldn't we all be as confident?

In the last 5 years I have learned several things that I must remember to remember

  • It is the exception to meet someone that is real, not the rule
  • Even your closest friend can be a stranger
  • Love blinds your heart, instinct and senses
  • Show me who you hang out with and I will tell you who you are. (That really is how it works)
  • Some people have too many layers and it is best to just walk away while you still have the energy
  • Getting to know someone means hoping you at least get to know a real part of them
  • Getting to know all about someone is a myth.  We are ever changing creatures.
  • Nothing about this inspires me, save for one thing, the goal not to be that way

No comments:

Post a Comment