Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

January 24, 2011

Inspiration me...Dragon girl

I watched a movie that shook me to the core.  The Girl with the Dragon tattoo.  I have heard of the book, the drama of the author who is deceased and the wild fire effect the trilogy has had.  Still....I had no interest in it.  Then came the rental.......

As I walked in that Arctic weather this morning to get to work, I was thinking of that movie, just as I did while trying to fall asleep last night.  We take things for granted.

The author who was a journalist wrote of the main character Lisbeth who portrays a girl who was gang raped in front of him.  His guilt in not helping the girl led him to write after work and create these novels.  Clearly his writing shows his disdain for violence against women and he has made Lisbeth a character that is both victim and hero.

So...back to walking.  I was thinking that we just don't appreciate enough, this society of whiners.  We feel we 'deserve' (a far cry from earn) things.  One look at this movie tells us why appreciating is important.  Anyone could be Lisbeth, be grateful you are not.  Anyone could be Mikael, the endless center of blame.  Both take on their lives in stride, fighting along the way.

For a movie so dark, heart piercing and violent, I found great inspiration in it.

Survival, protection, friendship, kinship, faith, belief, justice, good prevails and much more.

The girl with the dragon tattoo was as fierce and powerful as a dragon, yet merely a small young woman with a horrific past that would visit her present.  Her flame never ceased throughout the movie.

We should be so grateful.  Grateful for what we have, for the very life we have and fight for it.  All that is petty should be left to the side.  Isn't fighting for love, happiness and freedom consuming enough????

Here's my inspiration for today - If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get. ~Frank A. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment