Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

June 21, 2012

AndMore...The power of thank you


A long time ago I read a good book, The power of thank you by Deborah Norvill and it helped me to grow.


I remember at one time working for someone that would have issue with my emails when I used the words, thank you or please.  She would say that what I was writing for was expected and therefore no thank you or please are necessary.

I recently read a Dear Abby column where a woman writes to complain that her husband says thank you for every step of being served in a restaurant.  Including when refreshments are served.

Since I see on a daily basis the lack of gratitude I am all for the Thank you to death.

During my commute, countless times I see someone holding the door for another and the person walking through without so much as an acknowledgement let alone a thank you.  A person (rare as this happens) giving up their seat to someone and not even receiving a thank you.

Just the other day someone called me with a problem with their cell phone.  I had not heard from this person in months.  They call frantic that their cell phone does not work and that the warranty expired.  This is not someone from work.  After spending well over 30 minutes on the phone, all I got was a 'there must be a faster way to fix this'.  I said YOUR WELCOME!

I see more and more people walking about as though they are entitled.  Entitled to be as inhuman and cruel as possible without expectations of repercussion.



To the boss from long ago...  Your constant job displacement may be an indicator of your ingratitude.

To the person that wrote to the column...  You would do well to learn from your husband and be 'grateful'.  He could be one of those cheaters, beaters or worse.

To the commuters...  You're not all that!

To those that think they are entitled... You're not!

Thank You Power - by Deborah Norville
Perhaps Deborah Norvill wrote it best with - "Regard¬less of your age, religion, financial circumstances, or any other classification society might dream up, you have within you the tools to allow you to live the life of satisfaction, security, and optimism you long for. That power begins with two words: thank you." - check out her site http://dnorville.com/books.php


I even give a mental note of thank you to those that have in one way or another caused me harm...

Thank you for in doing what you did, I am stronger
Thank you for in your not loving me, I learned to love without expectations
Thank you for in your cruelty I learned to appreciated kindness

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  For whether in good or bad, I learn, I practice, I live and I move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment