Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 16, 2011

4 things to keep in mind when blogging

I read blogs...ALOT and I have noticed some things that for the most part lacks etiquette.


1.  Follow me! Follow me!
Having followers is great.  It tells you that your hard work and written material are liked and hopefully shared.  But are you following back?  Are you even taking the time to see who your followers are?  Do they have a blog?

Step outside of your blog box and see what others have to say.  Check out their sites as well you may be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps their site is not to your liking...how would you know?

I'm not a numbers person, heck my blog doesn't even have a follow me link.  I rather subscribers - come look when you like and leave when you like.  Most of my followers subscribers are from my International penpal profile and have been reading for years.  However, I have seen blogs that are looking to increase their numbers in followers whether for a cause listed, contests they are participating in or to spread important news.  Be kind and meet your followers and visit their blogs.

You don't have to follow all, you may be surprised at some real fascinating writers.


2.  Got your Widgets on?
I am a Google Plus fan.  Although I keep my Facebook page active I am rarely on.  I have hundreds more in G+ than Facebook.  Add all ways for someone to LIKE or + your blog.  Keep updated with social networks and add their widgets so more visitors and followers can spread the word.


3.  You talkin to me?
I don't always comment but I have a pet peeve of commenting and noticing a stream of comments where the blogger has not acknowledged, responded or appreciated them.  I often think - Why bother? Are they even reading it?  A quick note is all it takes most especially if the comment is in the form of a question.


4.  Spread it like Country Crock butter!
Love a blog? Got a chuckle? Spread the word link.  Don't be so greedy, let someone else know about a great post, article, blog, story or better yet tid bits of a book (love me some of those).  Add a note so your followers know why you recommend the link/blog.  I do it all the time and it's not time consuming, heck in Twitter you only have 140 characters. Short and sweet is best.

Well...that's it.  I have to go and read me some blogs!








No comments:

Post a Comment