Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 09, 2011

My Little Book Review...Becoming, Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy


Becoming - Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy Book One- a young adult fantasy romance novel by Raine Thomas

This book was buzzing tweeting around for a while.  Finally, I decided to check it out and purchased a download.  The very first page left me thinking 'Oh yeah, this is going to be good', but I have been wrong before.

NOT this time!  Daughters of Saraqaels are 3-orphaned girls that surprise the reader and themselves.  I spent some time thinking 'What are they?'  They live with humans, look, act and grow as humans but you are led to believe there is more.  Estelorians now come in and the book's suspense increases.  Raine Thomas takes you on a journey and does not release you until you finish the last page and even then you are left wanting more (thank goodness for books two and three).

Ah...but I stray, here's the recap - no spoilers as I really think the page turning mystery of their lives is worth the wait.

The book initially tells you of Amber and how an unexplainable power surge comes from within her every 3 years.  She goes on with life growing with a fear that the surges get stronger and more dangerous.  Obviously this causes Amber to be guarded and cautious.  Luckily she has Gabriel, an orphan as well who aside from having a southern accent described to melt you, he also has Ambers complete trust.

At 18 the power surge hits and it's much stronger.  On a trip with Gabriel they end up meeting the remaining two Daughters of Saraqael, Olivia and Skye, oh and Aurora the cat (you'll love her).  One step ahead they already knew more than Amber of their own gifts and the reasons for them.  Amber soon learns she is half human and half Estelorian and a new journey begins.

If you are looking for the latest vampire or werewolf craze, you won't find it here.  Raine Thomas takes on a whole beautiful idea of existence on another plane and allows you to visit.

This book surprised me for a few reasons, one of which is the genre.  But I have opened myself to it and will continue to 'visit' the three sisters and their quest to safe their species.  You will get action, emotion, heart racing events and some hot moments with Gabriel and Amber.  This book will reel you in and take you for a ride to this plane and.....another.

Find Raine Thomas on Twitter - @raine_thomas


Next on my reading list - The Dark Path by Luke Roymn, my first horror book (me scared).

If you are running out of books and have not been getting your READ on, follow me on Twitter to get to know some new books and authors.  I have some great ones on my follow list.

I have joined a Book Club Circle on G+ and will also be reading KOP.  No reviews for Book Club reads but if I mention one and you are interested in learning more of it, let me know.

Remember!  Get your READ on!

For more on the book check out the authors site:   http://rainethomas.com/books/becoming/

An interview with the Author from The Book Hookup:   http://thebookhookup.com/2011/09/08/interview-with-raine-thomas/

No comments:

Post a Comment