Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 22, 2011

Social network police

I guess this will be my first rant if it can be called that on social networking.
I have spent a few days reading things that give me a chuckle but at the same time makes me say...I am not wrapped within your voice - don't say WE.


1.  There are the Policy police, these are the postings that will give a policy of their terms on how they will circle or uncircle (hmmm doesn't sound right, but I will continue to use the word), Unfriend or unfollow.  Seriously...I just do it.  No policy.  If I have someone circled whose material offends - bores or just doesn't interest me - I with no malice just uncircle.  It's not personal, nor do I take it personal.  It's been my habit with Twitter.  I rarely get passed 450 for that reason.  I go on these sites for a reason...well many reasons.  It feels odd to see something like that on my stream...a diatribe of what it will take to see what a person posts.

2.  There are the complainers, these are the commentators that will read a post then complain about what they read, how it was written, why it was written. Again...uncircle,
 Unfriend or unfollow - it's easy.

3.  The dictators, these are the WE people.  They make a list for those they call Newbies stating what will be and not be tolerated.  On free social networks.  On several bullets I notice 'we aren't here for that' 'we don't want that here'.  I am not that part of WE.  Simply because I may want to see what someone is showing whether it be pictures, gifs, items they made and are promoting with a link or any other post that crosses my stream.  If I don't like it....wait for it.....here it comes....UNCIRCLE,
 UNFRIEND or UNFOLLOW.  I have nothing to sell that doesn't mean I am not interested in seeing someone show their work even if it is for sale.

4.  The warfare on social sites.  I read blogs, articles, news updates, jokes - pretty much a ton of stuff a day.  On many sites.  It's a preference not a defining moment of a human being.  I have many friends and family that are just happy with FB and Twitter and good for them.  I have new friends on the new G+ social network and good for them too.  I really don't feel the need to pressure or judge anyone for the choice they make on what social network they 'choose' to be on.  After all...it's communication.  Kudos for anyone communicating regardless of the social network they do it on.

So...I will not post all day long, some times I just read.
I will 'share' 'like' and 'retweet' pretty much anything that is of interest to me and find it interesting to others.
I will ALWAYS share-like-retweet any authors writing, pretty pictures, news updates or rib cracking jokes.
And if I offend any policy....wait for it....here it comes....uncircle,
 unfriend or unfollow me.

It's a choice.  Isn't it grand to have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment