Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 21, 2011

Inspiration me...I miss you Dad, Happy Birthday

Today my dad would have been 75.  He passed away 4 1/2 years ago.  They say time heals all wounds, I truly don't believe that.  The pain of losing him is as harsh today as the day he died.

I spend a lot of mind time thinking of him.  He always had good things to say that kept one thinking.   He had one of the best sense of humor of anyone I ever met.  He loved comedies, ham and egg and telling jokes.

Here are some of things he taught -

If you have nothing good to say - say nothing.  (Still working on that one, but I have gotten better)
If a man doesn't respect you once, he never will.
Don't dress to please another, please yourself the rest will follow.
If you don't have a sense of humor life will be harder on you.
Kiddo, let go of your son when it is time.  It will be hard, but do it.
Don't stay mad at your sisters, you don't get to pick new ones.
Forgive your mother.  She's your mother.
Always tip the gas attendant near home and work, a woman may need help and they will remember you and say yes.
Never complain about food before they serve you. If you complain don't go back.
Don't make a scene, have your disagreement in private.
Love yourself, when someone stops loving you, you will still be loved.

Most of the above he said throughout my life, however much was said the last 2 years which were his hardest.

Happy Birthday Dad.  I love you and miss you.  My heart aches for your jokes and smile.

Tu hija, Graciela

No comments:

Post a Comment