Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 15, 2011

Inspiration me...Who are those whispers

Years ago I went through a horrific time.  Someone close had not only torn my belief in others but in myself.  I wrote a poem (Who are those whispers that I hear) and won a contest.  The irony was a bit much - winning cash for misery.


I find myself torn by many and yet still not as torn as when I wrote that poem.  Hopefully this one will not be in the same depth, for it is with my writing that I speak my confessions...

Who are those whispers

Who are those whispers that I hear
bringing forth a dark fear
Chanting woes of those close
causing such tremendous throes


Stop those words of malice and deceit
my faith in them knows no retreat
Whisper not the warnings hushed
leave me now for I am crushed


Who are those whispers that I hear
let not my love for them die here
Sing not of their unloving ways
for my hearts song will always pray


2011-Gracey Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment