Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

June 18, 2013

AndMore.....Opinions, interruptions, know it alls OH MY!

I wasn't sure whether to categorize this under AndMore or Despicable They.  I chose AndMore due to the fact that it is a consistent habit.



Opinions
Long gone are the times when one could answer the question, How are you feeling? and not get a medical report.........from a non medical person.

How are you feeling leads to this:
Answer - A slight headache but otherwise OK.
Medical advise without lubrication - Have you had a scan?  What meds are you taking?  Have you tried (enter list of headache medication), my sister/brother/spouse/child/friend of a thousand friend had the same problem (enter massive detail of how the person came to a close painful death).  By the time the person shuts up your headache is a full blown migraine.
How about admitting you don't know shit about medical issues, for arguments sake let's just use the lame excuse that you did not go to medical school.
How about you just listen, express empathy even and move on to the next conversation.  Unless of course you are asked for your non medical input.  At which point the whole migraine is well deserved.



Interruptions
Are you able to complete a conversation?  A thought?  A topic?  I am having serious issues with this one.  I am surrounded by people that have decided three words in a sentence is enough for them to know exactly where you are going with a conversation.  It's like texting with words.  There is a word cap and no one has spread the news on what that count is.

I am very blunt, if a serious run on talker is about to let loose on a war and peace conversation, I tell them to keep it to 5 words or less.  Basically I am not interested so how many words they use won't matter.
But to cut people off to just have your own conversation then later assume you understand the person is just confusing to me.  I long for a neon sign on my forward that lights up and says STFU, I'm still talking.  Actually I have to verbalize that, I'M STILL TALKING!!!!  The art of conversing is a lost one.



Know it all
These people are the worst.  Usually Type A personality.  They just want to take over everything, conversation, where to go, how to get there, what to have when you are there, how to do the job, how to walk, talk, how to exist.  The most insecure people are the type Know it alls.  You can't have a conversation with these people either.  If you complain about something just to vent, they think they are the solution.  Usually creating a bigger issue for you in the process.

It doesn't matter your skill, likes or even who you are.  They will make you better, stronger and able to leap large buildings.  Because they think they have mastered how.  This bunch just makes me sick.  They are obstacles in others lives.  Causing delays, detours and blaming all others for it.

I am an observer, I don't feel the need to take over a party or gathering.  I rather watch and listen.  Learn people and see who I have something in common with and who I should avoid like the plague.  I write, therefore I observe.  I don't feel the need to walk around as if I am the Joker.  A scar of a smile on my face.  My face shows my emotions, an indicator if you will.  When happy I smile, when sad or angry, I don't smile. See....easy!

Hypocrisy is something I never learned, will adapt to or accept as an excuse.  Even with work, if I don't like you, I will work with you, because I have to.  But I will not have conversations with you outside of work.  Not even about the weather, unless it has something to do with work.

Life is too short to spend it playing a part and learning a script.  Everyone counts, if you like to be heard then you need to learn how to listen.  If you don't like being interrupted, you must learn how not to interrupt, if you like it, find another that does as well and have the best conversation you deserve.  You don't know it all, actually no person on this earth, knows it all.  All has not even happened yet.



Do you impose your opinions on others?
Do you interrupt others when they speak?
Do you believe you know it all?

Well STOP IT! and while you're at it STFU!

No comments:

Post a Comment