Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 23, 2010

Arguing with Confucius....we disagree

Can there be a love which does not make demands on its object? -Confucius.

Not that I know of.  Love demands much.  Attention, courtesy, acknowledgement, reciprocation, kindness, consistency, etc.

The question is not whether there can be, the question is whether we give it.

Someone once told me that I love completely and that was the problem, I should hold back.  Mystery if but a little is good.  I have struggled with that for years. Either I am sadistic or rebellious because I still can't accept that.  If I love you, I love you for all that you are.  I love you with all that I am.  As for mystery, is it not enough to wonder if it will last?

Do I make demands of those I love? Sure, I demand that you respect that love.   That you treat it well.  That if you are so blessed as to have so much love in your heart you can not make room for more, to at least walk away and not mock it.

Do I demand love?  No.  I have long given up trying to find it.  But in those moments when it makes an appearance, I embrace it, smell it, inhale it, close my eyes and make a memory of it.  For when it leaves as quickly as it arrived I would have that moment to reminisce with. ~g

Yet...we disagree
I take nothing and leave plenty
I speak little and listen much
But...land on different paths

I share my core and leave you yours
intact
Embrace you until you shiver
no more
Yet we disagree

We are the same, yet so different
Few understand us, yet we do
But...we see none of this

We agree in long talks
We agree through long walks
Yet...we disagree

2010©Gracey Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment