Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 22, 2010

Inspiration me....starting the week right....Happiness

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. ~Helen Keller

Irony is that Helen was blind.  Even she was looking for the door of happiness and perhaps learned that she couldn't 'see' it because she was looking at the one that closed.

I heard it close, it was thunderous.  No way that door is opening again.  I can claw till my fingers bleed.  I can yell and beg; but there is no one on that other side to open it. I know that I must look forward and find yet another door, but........I keep looking back.

Happiness depends upon ourselves. ~Aristotle
Aristotle usually gave quotes that cut to the chase.  He must have had the patience of a speeding bullet.  But, short as they are, those quotes are enough to be appreciated.

Road to happiness
If I can not see you, how do I find you?
If I can not hear you, where do I walk to?
Lost and weary - I pray for a path.

If I look within will a map appear?
If I change my heart will a road open?
Chained and still - I pray for inner peace.

If the blind and deaf can find it,
If the philosopher found it,
Then time will answer my prayer.

2010©Gracey Castro
09/22/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment