Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

September 28, 2010

Starting the week right...I treasure time

I treasure all of the experiences I've had in my life. Each experience in your life was absolutely necessary in order to have gotten you to the next place, and the next, up until this very moment. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

There will be an AndMore about the following as well.

I have a birthday coming up.  I am like a child about birthdays.  I like doing something special for myself.  This year however I have not had the excitement at all that I usually get around this time.  I had chosen to just treat it like any other day.

But then...a family friend had her own thoughts about this.

She planned a dinner to thank friends and family for helping during a tough time in her life.  I was one of those friends and proud to be one.  A Saturday of cooking and breaking of bread.

I walked into her home and my mother was in her kitchen cooking.  Latin favorites, Bacalao con arroz con gandules, empanadas, guineo mas duro, acapuria (my all time fav).  The smells coming out of that kitchen were heavenly.

As I sat with wine in hand, listening to the old Latin beat screeching out of the TV music station, I saw people laughing, talking, catching up.  I participated in a lot of banter and felt myself for the first time in a long time.....relax.  I hadn't a worry in the world in that living room.  More people came in and the sounds were louder, it had become a full blown Latin feast.  To my utter surprise along with the Thank you for everyone the hostess also had a cake for my birthday.  I was the only one not let in on that news.

I love boxes of all materials, the older the better, the more Victorian the greater.  A gift......a beautiful box with a painting of a bird on it.  Leather strap to boot.  In it........winter accessories; who doesn't need that?

I was overwhelmed with a happiness, a feeling of utter caring, a love that circled around that home side by side to the aroma, music and laughter.

So back to the card.....'until this very moment', I have lived for most of my adult life for moments.  Moments like this I could only dream of.  I treasure this experience.  Reality was the greatest gift of all.

But...it's wonderful to have the gift of friendship, a mother that cook up a storm, consideration and caring.  Yes, I had planned on treating this birthday like any other day...I'm glad that plan did not work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment