Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

April 11, 2011

Inspiration me...detachment

'Today I will commit myself to detachment. I will allow myself and those around me the freedom to be as they are'. ~The seven spiritual laws of success by Deepak Chopra

'The fact that we continue to be in relationship with and feed partners, friends, employers, neighbors, and beliefs that are vampires to us.....' Biting Back by Claudia Cunningham

'Grace, explain the Serenity prayer, I don't think people 'really' understand it completely'. ~B. R. Soto
  1. God grant me the serenity
  2. to accept the things I cannot change;
  3. courage to change the things I can;
  4. and wisdom to know the difference.
I can't answer for what the author meant when the above Serenity prayer was written.  I can say what I get out of it.
  1.  I haven't the strength, will or reality to accept the inner peace required for #2.
  2. Don't we just want to change the world?  The reality is, one person, one voice can't.  We also can't change people, we can't 'make' them into anyone else but who they want to be.  Accepting that fact means letting go of a tremendous amount of ego and arrogance.
  3. Now...the things we can change...there's where our energy would benefit most.  Imagine changing yourself and how you think.  For example, if a certain type of energy vampire constantly appears in your life.  Rather than thinking with ego and arrogance that you can change those vampires, how about finding out what it is about you that entices them?  Are you allowing the feeding?  Are you allowing certain actions that you are truly not comfortable with making the excuse that they will eventually change?  Imagine just changing that outlook alone, how much of the 'things you can't control' will not be an issue.
  4. Don't I wish I had the consistent wisdom to know the difference.  But...as I study, as I take my inner journeys, as I reflect in constructive earnest......I gather the wisdom to know the difference.
Deepak says it with a certainty that is clear. 'I will allow myself', there it is!  Simple.  It starts with YOU!

By definition serenity means - "The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled"* - that's where it starts.  Stop the chaos, the festering, the over thinking, the controlling what can not and should not be controlled.  Meditate.  Be...calm...peaceful...untroubled...SERENE.

*dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment