Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

April 06, 2011

Inspiration me...I love you

The family - that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to. ~Dodie Smith



I don't have the greatest affection for the word family.  Since Dad died I feel as though he took that word and all it's meaning with him.  Truly his love and existence was the glue.

My Uncle seems so much more that it is hard to refer to him as 'family'.  He's been a friend, parent, brother, cousin, guide, spiritual alliance, counselor, prankster, jokester and above all else consistent.

He and my aunt are the ones that say I love you to me and I feel it in my heart as well as hear it for all it's worth.  My aunts hugs are pure medicine that screams I love you.  My Uncles literally gives me strength when I need it most.

It is rare when I can say those words.  Rare still when I hear them.  This weekend I heard them profoundly and I felt something seep in I had begun to stop believing in.........hope.

I guess I can only say what I really mean in the way I speak best.

Old friend

Enemy at times you old bedfellow
you've caught me when mellow
I hate not who you are

Friend at times; I miss you
I angered and you flew
Hope you left me---scarred

Bond we are to no end
I see this now...friend
you are truly...my guiding
star
2011©Gracey Castro

1 comment:

  1. asoto14791@aol.comApril 7, 2011 at 4:15 PM

    Thank you for such a beautiful thought. Its easy when you have such a wonderful neice. We also appreciate with all our heart your LOVE

    tia

    ReplyDelete