Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

June 28, 2011

Inspiration me…today I will

being direct – today I will…own my own power and be direct, and I will be clear and honest in my dealings with other people.  If I’m comfortable with my own truth, then those around me will be comfortable with me, too. ~Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

I release all feelings of worry and guilt…throughout life, the two most futile emotions are guilt for what has been done, and worry about what might be done. ~Inner Wisdom cards by Dr. W. Dyer

It makes sense really…be comfortable with who you are…worry and guilt will solve nothing.  Yet uncomfortable is what I feel and am filled with worry and guilt.  I read the cards, I know the meanings and yet…still…

Sometimes people don’t understand what stepping back and building a wall means; at least for me…it means…

Nothing anyone says is helping

In most cases they are saying things that make me feel worse

I may feel let down by some and don’t want to find out if those that are left will do the same

I may even not have the energy to hear another opinion, advice, criticism…etc.

The wall is metaphorical; it’s an emotional obstacle to keep that which can cause me harm at a time when I can’t or don’t have the strength to protect myself.

Like a castle that needs a wall around it, I layer a brick wall around me.  Like the moat that creates further an obstacle, my silence keeps me at bay.  When I can deal with some contact, a small secret passage is opened and one may pass through, even then for a small time.

That castle is more like a recovery center.  Some may say it is an isolation.  But…that is an opinion.

How long does the wall stay up? Who knows? I don’t.  For as long as it takes.  If you are on the other side, than for whatever reason, I am uncomfortable, or I worry that you may cause me harm and I won’t be able to protect myself.  Should I be wrong, trust me, I already feel guilty about it.  But the wall, nonetheless, stays up.

Today I will acknowledge that I recover internally, spiritually and emotionally at my pace…with no concern over what someone else may think. ~gracey castro – My ‘language of letting go’.

No comments:

Post a Comment