Hello Everyone,

October 2015

I love October, not just because it is my birthday month but because the air changes, the season changes, the time changes.

It is when we must embrace the fact that the time change will have us seeing the dark sooner. A time when the trees begin to let loose the leaves, orange, brown and yellow leaves flying about.

It is the time when the ghouls and horrors are seen in decorations, shows, movies and parties.

It is the time when we say farewell to the summer heat, smile toward the cooler weather and wonder of the winter to come.

Happy October! May there be light within you to shine upon the earlier darker hours. May the ghouls and gremlins that ring the door bell make you smile and partake in trick or treat.

May you embrace the change in season knowing... it will bring us back to Spring soon enough.

I have added a tab - Whisper my words, which is a link to my site where I post stories, poems, AndMore events and the Watcher's Journal. Take a peek and enjoy.

Enjoy!

~g

June 28, 2011

Inspiration me…today I will

being direct – today I will…own my own power and be direct, and I will be clear and honest in my dealings with other people.  If I’m comfortable with my own truth, then those around me will be comfortable with me, too. ~Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

I release all feelings of worry and guilt…throughout life, the two most futile emotions are guilt for what has been done, and worry about what might be done. ~Inner Wisdom cards by Dr. W. Dyer

It makes sense really…be comfortable with who you are…worry and guilt will solve nothing.  Yet uncomfortable is what I feel and am filled with worry and guilt.  I read the cards, I know the meanings and yet…still…

Sometimes people don’t understand what stepping back and building a wall means; at least for me…it means…

Nothing anyone says is helping

In most cases they are saying things that make me feel worse

I may feel let down by some and don’t want to find out if those that are left will do the same

I may even not have the energy to hear another opinion, advice, criticism…etc.

The wall is metaphorical; it’s an emotional obstacle to keep that which can cause me harm at a time when I can’t or don’t have the strength to protect myself.

Like a castle that needs a wall around it, I layer a brick wall around me.  Like the moat that creates further an obstacle, my silence keeps me at bay.  When I can deal with some contact, a small secret passage is opened and one may pass through, even then for a small time.

That castle is more like a recovery center.  Some may say it is an isolation.  But…that is an opinion.

How long does the wall stay up? Who knows? I don’t.  For as long as it takes.  If you are on the other side, than for whatever reason, I am uncomfortable, or I worry that you may cause me harm and I won’t be able to protect myself.  Should I be wrong, trust me, I already feel guilty about it.  But the wall, nonetheless, stays up.

Today I will acknowledge that I recover internally, spiritually and emotionally at my pace…with no concern over what someone else may think. ~gracey castro – My ‘language of letting go’.