Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

June 24, 2011

Inspiration me…reliability

I bet you think you are reliable.  I bet you are not as reliable as you think.
Harsh!  Isn’t it?  But it’s true.  People when the need is no longer there will say:
Why didn’t you call me, I would have (enter martyr line here)?
If you need me to go with you let me know.
I would have gone with you.
Trust me (my favorite) I’m here for you.
The list goes on….   I can tell you what the unreliable person would say when you take them up on it:
I didn’t hear the phone.  Oh, I would love to but (enter any of a million reasons why not)
See the above, same applies for I would have gone with you
9 out of 10 times, this person isn’t there when needed
Harsh! But true.
The rare few that actually will be there are somewhat trustworthy, they would make their best effort in physically being there if needed…but…one of the following would apply:
You would have to tolerate the 100% negativity.
They will act as if they sacrificed their organs to be there.
They will be late, they will take over the day, you end up wishing you went alone.
Their Type A control freak manner would just make matters worse.
To further extend the above line, they will rather tell you what to do when their know it all attitude is the last thing you need.
There would be conditions.
Their own life is just too busy.
You have tell them your soul secrets first.
So you end up doing things on your own.  And you become the ‘anti social’.  I just get a kick out of that.  You avoid drama and become anti social.
Are you reliable?  Reliable enough to know what an emergency is and treat it as such?  Can you put yourself for a time on the back burner (answer this one honestly)?  When you say you will do something; is your word strong enough for you to not let anything or anyone prevent you from keeping it?  (Extreme and I do mean extreme emergencies of course would apply for cancelling).
Can  you also be the reliable person that doesn’t need to become the martyr?  Not telling the world what you did in great measures (that in all honesty was either a ride, a shoulder or hand holding during a crisis)?
If you are – stand on a podium because you are rare, near extinct and probably didn’t answer truthfully.
Whether you are or you are not, the old adage is true. Actions speak louder then words.
Reliable - Noun: A person or thing with such trustworthy qualities.
Adjective: Consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment