Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

May 27, 2013

AndMore... Dating, fun or nightmare? Jury is still out.

Meeting people is hard enough, throw in the added stress of dating and it's just brutal.

I've been out of the dating loop for so long I don't know if it got worse or if I am just less tolerant.  If you listen to others, it got worse.

During lunch a couple of months ago with three long time friends, I mentioned that I was ready to begin dating.  But more so, ready to make new friends.  Of the three friends one is married, another in  a long term relationship and the third had started dating a month before the lunch.  The conversation did not stay there long, we had loads more to catch up on, since our lunch is a seasonal event.

My married friend, we shall call, Katty decided that she would make herself a match-maker.  Having no skill, no real history in it.  She just up and decided I would become her personal project.  Try as I might not to take that personal, eventually this volcano erupted.  But I shall go through the story.

Her first attempt was at a dinner she threw.  The story I got was that it would be close friends.  I showed and it was couples.  The man that was supposed to be my date was as unaware of it as I was.  He was 7 years my junior.  ANYONE that knows me, would know I don't like seeing someone younger and I also don't like seeing someone much older.  I rather someone close to my own age.  Period.  Yes, I've tried the cougar effect and I raised one son already, I've no inclination of raising another.  As for older men, 5 years is the limit, anything older then that and the chances are slim of having much in common.  I have the right to be selective.  Everyone has that right.  I am not religious, therefore someone who is has even less chances.  I critical enough of myself, I don't need someone chiming in - in the name of whatever religion they belong to.

Having said that, the man was a severe born again Christian.  ELEVEN years my junior and the mentality of a 100 year old prophet.  The second I mentioned I had dropped the Born Again Christian religion years ago, he began his rant of sinners, hell and judgement.  I excused myself, said I would be right back and went home.

The friend in a long term relationship (they've been together so long, they're basically married) decided to give it her best shot.  She set me up on a blind date with her boyfriends brother.  I said no so many times I thought she had gone deaf.  I mean,  for years she referred to this guy as either a douch-bag or douch-bag in heat.  'Oh, but he has been trying to change.  He's different now.'

I don't know about that, it felt like only a couple of months since she last complained about him.  I finally said yes.  The day of the date he called to confirm.  He also called to find out if he was 'getting lucky' so he could call the cleaning lady to clean his place.  I was FLOORED.  We hadn't even met....EVER!!!  Needless to say that date never happened.

I finally did a conference call with my friends to clear some things up.  I DON'T want to be set up!!!  I want to make friends, if in the process of meeting people and making friends I find that I met a man that I would like to date, then great.

Seriously!  Setting people up isn't just meeting the requirement of introducing two single people.  If someone divorced because their spouse cheated, the last thing that person wants to do is date a cheater.  If someone is religious the last thing they want is someone that gave up on religion.  If someone is particular about certain cultures, setting them up with one is not going to change their mind.

Dating is hard enough without the 'meaning well' group that want to be the one that sets people up.  STOP IT!  No one is your personal project.  I have had some great relationships and some really bad ones.  The common factor is I met those men on my own.  Something in common triggered a start.  That it did't last may have nothing to do with having things in common or not.  Many other factors can come into play.

Plus, I can find strange people all on my own.

I went on a date with someone I had been communicating for weeks.  It was a great way to get to know someone without the pressure of 'the meet'.  We finally agreed to meet and I was surprised he looked exactly how he described.  My age, funny, great conversationialist.  He knew when to listen, to chime in and when not to.  I was having a great time..........until........he said 'I have to confess something'.  Many things ran through my head and none came close.

He had NINE kids from EIGHT women.  The ages range from 3 years old to 25.  The last five were all under the age of 10.  The shock was tremendous.  My wideass self just came out 'Seriously, put your cock in a luggage and send it on vacation'.  He took my rants welll.  I became curious of how he not only had so many but from many women and even recent.

Obviously, I won't be dating him anymore, but I made a friend.  We keep in touch often and share dating stories.

See....as I said at the start.  More so, I want to make friends.  In the process, I cringe at the next date that was postponed due to my having a horrible week.  I mean, why go out already in a down mood?  Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment