Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

May 16, 2011

AndMore...American dollar

So....I visit my sister in South Jersey, it was a lovely time.  We just laughed and had a good weekend.  Sunday morning I begin my journey North as I had plans for the day.

I had enough for the first two tolls but only had a $20 bill for the last one and of course no E-Z pass (really have to get one now that I am traveling more again).

I reach the toll and there is only one which has an attendant.  I give her the $20 and a greeting.  I look at her, she looks about 70 with the blackest died hair which made her wrinkles even more profound.  She kept sucking on her teeth the way elderly do with dentures.  She hands me the change with both hands balled up.

I reach out cupping my hands and she dumps $19.00 in quarters and dollar coins.

Me:  'May I please have bills'
Hag: 'It's American money, use it anywhere'
Me: 'I don't have a coin sorter, may I have bills please'
Hag: 'What's wrong? You don't know how to recognize American money?'
Me:  'May I have American bills please'
Hag: 'YOU CAN USE THEM ANYWHERE, IT'S AMERICAN MONEY'
Me: '90% of the stores in America are run by FOREIGNERS, can I have bills please'
Hag: (takes the coins begrudgingly) 'That's what's wrong with the country, no one knows American money'
Me: 'No, what's wrong with the country is that they depleted SSI and now I have deal with pissed off seniors with an ax to grind.

I really believe the top part of her dentures detached, I drove on.

Really?  Really?  The Garden State Parkway????  WTF???? I can't even enjoy a Sunday morning drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment