Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

August 09, 2011

AndMore...the youth...crumbling walls

A co-worker and I walked to the market one lunch hour.  We began to speak lightly of politics.  I ventured that my opinion is that we are a society of whiners.  We really don't make changes or prevent the abuse of the system.  We merely whine about it.

His take...How can anyone (most especially those of his generation, one after mine) fight?  They must pay the student loans that await them soon after graduating.  They must hold fast to the job, if they are lucky to have one.  Protesting would only have them lose it.  Insurance is needed and therefore even that would be jeopardized.

My take...Silence would only allow the abuse to continue...and keep us as whiners.

A day later I read of the London Riots.  The young for a varied of reasons ranging from; the shooting of a person suspected to be gang related, to wanting to show the police and the rich they can do what they want (this from two women caught looting).  Some speculate it is a building or festering of the abuse of the system there.

Surely it is not only the young that are fed up.  However, violence begets violence.  The cause is lost in the midst of seeing people set businesses on fire, burning homes and beating up police or innocents.

I long for our people to take a stand and speak with a strong voice, one voice.  To firmly state NO MORE!  (Sigh)... I can't see it happening.  I can't even read on social networking sites of updates without seeing hostility in comments.  Hostility toward the topic of hostility, it truly makes me scratch my head.

But back to the lunch hour....

We arrived with the stand as when we left.  We need to speak up.  We need to somehow without violence show our governments that we the people have a say.  But as he said...one generation is too afraid of losing the little they have (talk about losing one's voice) and the other too afraid of not being heard.

So instead...we whine.  On the internet, in comments and to one another.  Truly it is the reason governments are so careless with our livelihood.

UK - Stand strong.  Much blessings to your rebuilding.  May your young learn that violence just silenced the cause.  How sad.
US - Don't let our young get so frustrated.  Be the generation with a voice that required no violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment