Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

August 19, 2011

My little Book Review...Watchers The Coming of the King by William Meikle

Struggling to find a good book? A great one?
Tired of the regular vampire stories and romance?
Want to read something with a bite?

Have I got just the read.  Truly I ashamed to admit I missed a couple of train stops reading this.  Good luck putting it down once you turn the first page.

Watchers    The Coming of the King by William Meikle

England - Scotland William Meikle picked wonderful locations and is set in the 18th century.

You get a buffet for your reading with this book.  The Watchers are determined to protect their land while their enemy are determined to take it.  You are pulled page by page into this coming war and your heart races along with the characters.

The wall has been built for a long time keeping safe all within along with the stories of the past.  Stories which will unfold as truths of an inevitable war.

Martin, Sean and Mary are the three names that will haunt me until I read the next book.

Martin is the son of the Thane who holds the throne of England and finds himself protecting the wall, the throne and his father.

Sean a friend to Martin is set on keeping his promise to protect Mary the daughter of a Scot who saved Martin.

Mary is the key that makes Sean grow up in a short time, haunts Martins dreams and brings the Bloodking and his army of undead to the wall.

Riveting, heart-racing, edge of your seat all seem to small of words to describe this book.  It has left me wanting more.  William Meikle has definitely made an avid reader out of me.  Bravo! On a well written, gripping story that took me away from day to day routine.  I have traveled through time and through lands via the words of this author and the trance of this book.

Find it on Amazon or go to his site:

http://williammeikle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment