Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

August 16, 2011

Twitter, Facebook, G+ Oh My...can I have a TweetDeck?


In my humble opinion...

I keep hearing/reading of the same complaint.  Now I have more sites to check.  Social Network bombarding is getting the best of us.

I have been testing the TweetDeck from Twitter.  Since joining the G+ craze I have found myself on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and G+ to name a few.  I have to say that going browsing from tab to tab has been a bit much, especially when I have several other tabs going on.

Someone mentioned TweetDeck but the Twitter was only thinking of testing it.  I jumped right in.

At first glance you are a bit overwhelmed.  Once you start adding your accounts and populating  your columns it seems a bit much.  The more accounts and followers you add, the more activity all at once.  But after several minutes it became easier to follow.

As tweets and posts come in you see it populating, the most recent at top.  G+ is still not on this but I am down to one additional tab.  I get my wireless news, tech news and all other updates from my social networks on one page.

I like it.  I'm surprised that I like it.  Responding is easy either within the new tweet or post or at the top of the TweetDeck page where you will see a COMPOSE box.  Once you start typing the box extends to show an icon of your accounts, you can pick which to send from.

Notification can be selected with the option of pop up and/or sound.

You can click on a post or tweet to check if you are following/friend them and can do so if you are not.  One click additional...works for me.

Worth a try for anyone that wants all their social buzzing on one page.  Not for those that can't tolerate too much on one screen.

Of course I am only one day in.  But I have been viewing, replying and following all through TweetDeck today.

If stars were the factor I would give it 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment