Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

October 26, 2010

MyThoughts - a revisit - Despising the general public today

AndMore began as my thoughts, at a time when I worked in a company that was big on Customer Service. When you called the help desk you thought people on LSD was answering, that's how happy they wanted you to pretend to be. So I had a lot to say but couldn't and so MyThoughts was created. So as a revisit to MyThoughts, here are my FUCKING thoughts of today.


Maybe I didn't sleep well. Maybe I am just pissed off and don't know it. But I woke with effort and planted a smile on my damn face.

Customer Service - I went to Quick Chek to get cigarettes and the same DUMBASS that seems to be there EVERY time I go to shop was there. A typical high school drop out with the IQ of a Q-tip. Twice before she has made the mistake of angering me, both times because she insists on talking on the cell phone and getting the order wrong.

'Capri - blue box - 120s.' She gives me that deer in the headlights look and keeps talking to what I assume is another high school drop out. She hands me a pack of Camel. I push the box towards her and say 'try again'. She responds 'WHAT?'

'I said, try again. Capri - blue box - 120s', she rolled her eyes at me while still talking on the phone. I don't even know what brand she grabbed all I know is that she went in the wrong direction. She throws a RED pack of something on the counter and glares at me. I give her the finger and walk out.

'I go to the tobacco store in the opposite direction, he always knows what I get and go there far less then to Quick Chek. We chat for a bit. I don't find out till later that my ass has a mind of it's own and dialed a friend in the early morning hours so she can listen to our whole conversation unbeknown to me. 'Sorry MC'.

I get on the bus and the smelliest chick sits next to me. I pray for a coma.

I get to NY and the train is so packed I don't fit in it, I have to wait for another one.

I get to uptown and realize with all that went on I STILL had ample time to get some doughnuts for my co-workers.

1/8 of India works in this fucking store and the only one that speaks English and knows math is home having a baby. I ask for a dozen doughnuts, no coconut flavor, a cappuccino with regular milk. I have a $2.00 coupon and my ID which gives me a 10% discount (which is labeled on the receipt as Senior Discount).

I notice she rang up everything tucked the coupon in the register but did not deduct it or apply the discount. I breathe deep and tell her of her mistake. The HAG gives me a look of disdain and in her language says something. The manager comes over and tells her to void the items and start again. I guess she told him she was capable of math (frankly I don't think school was created when she was a child), they argue, her in their language - him in English. This must be his mother, great Aunt or mother-in-law because the PUSSY back peddled out of that conversation. She stares at the ceiling as if it would calculate for her and she hands me my change.

Not only did she STILL not deduct the coupon or discount she OVER charged me. I call over the manager and tell him "Look, I am all for equal opportunity, but someone as limited as her should be made to fill the sugar bowls. Get her DUMB ASS over here and I will teach her math." He says something to her and she comes over. "That is your CHANGE." She says in broken English.

I throw the box of doughnuts on the counter, I really struggle with myself to make sure I don't throw the coffee at her ignorant face and say, 'What is 10% of $11.00?'...................silence......................crickets.....................more silence.

'You owe me $3.82, I wrote it down for your DUMB ASS!' I slide the number I wrote behind the receipt. The manager at this point found his BALLS and comes over, sternly states something to her and goes to her register to remove MY money. I take a dollar (I am a pretty good tipper when pleased), I aim for the tip bowl in front of her and while she is still glaring at me, I pull it back and say 'MAYBE NOT'.

I go to work and announce that they should enjoy the doughnuts to the fullest since it may be a long time before I can go to that Dunkin Doughnuts.

I should have turned off the alarm this morning and stayed home. I'm just DESPISING today!

2 comments:

  1. im confused... ok, so you went to the quickie mart to buy weed, she was too bust chatting on the phone, you got paranoid, thought she might be talking to the cops, maybe stalling, so, you went down the street to another dealer, he took care of you, he flirting with you, you were to buzzed to realize, left, on the way back you got the munchies had to get a dozen donuts, all they had was coconut, you got mad becasue she did not put milk in your cuppicino?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's how to spin a story!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete