Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

October 31, 2010

Inspiration me....Fear not....bring hope

As I listen to the news about the latest events with packages and flights, I think....

There isn't a time I go through the tunnel while on the bus without worrying.  Arrive at the bus terminal without worrying.  I sit at work and try with all my might not to worry.  I travel home and the same worry begins.

I have friends and loved ones that travel a lot.  Some even for business.  Each time I know they are traveling; I worry.  Knowing they will travel again, I worry.

We just don't know.  I remember that horrific day 9 years ago and I worry.  Friends long gone, in a moment, without notice.  I wasn't worried before that day, not like this.  Oh, but wait....I was......

As a parent the first thing you learn is fear. What do I do? Why is he crying? Did that fall cause damage? Is he well in school? Is he well behind the wheel? Is he well with love? Is he well with life?


Then I think about Fear and how as an acronym it tells you why not to allow it to consume you:
False Evidence Appearing Real

And that is what I tell myself.  Worrying about something that may or may not happen is a False Evidence Appearing Real.

Worrying and Fear must be close brothers.  Siblings that are fraternal but twins.  False Evidence Appearing Real.  Yet, you watch the news and those brothers mock you, saying.....this is evidence of reality.

So that frenemy of mine is who I call.  Hope.  Don't betray me yet again you unpredictable thing you!  Through this at times crippling fear, at the very least, be the friend that brings one calm.  Be the hope you are defined to be.

Fear not.......bring hope.

2 comments: