Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

October 11, 2010

Inspiration me...today I will...Acknowledging my desires.....and denial

today I will...release the belief that my needs are never met.  I will acknowledge my desires, then turn them over to my Higher Power. My wants and needs are not an accident--God created them when he created me. ~Melody Beattie

Hope is the denial of reality. ~Margaret Weis

But.....

I spoke with a friend who teaches a class that is mostly women.  He is very personable and they have learned to trust him and speak freely.  He is happily married for 17 years.  Or as he likes to say.....361 days of the year happy.

We began to speak about denial and how easy, pathetic and wasteful it is, yet how hard to stop it.

She said to him - 'But he loves me, even if he doesn't show it, he says it.'
His take - 'He's just saying it to shut her up.'
My take - 'He's stringing her along until his version of the perfect one shows up.'

She said to him - 'But I love him. So what if he won't sleep with me, doesn't treat me like a girlfriend, he still is with me all his free time.' 'He says he just wants to take it slow.' (a year later)
His take - 'She's a buddy.  A pal with tits.'
My take - 'She has low self esteem, why tolerate being shown one thing yet having the actions of the opposite?'

She said to him - 'I can't get him out of my mind.  I know it won't work but I still can't stop hoping and thinking of him.'
His take - 'DENIAL.'
My take - 'Mother of DENIAL.  The heart wants what it wants but the heart may also not want, that last part is the one we tend to forget.'

Conversation closure:  'So G, what's your take on love.'
My take - 'Fu_ck them if they can't laugh, love or forgive.  Hug them if they taught you how.  Move on and know that the next one may be the one to return it in spades.'  Oh, and never settle for less, if you want love then be loved or walk away.  If he/she can't tell you upfront and in your face where you stand....RUN!

Inspiration - Yep, that conversation inspired me.  To write, to think and to remember that denial is not reality, just the hope of it.  I acknowledge my desires.......do you?

~g

No comments:

Post a Comment