Hello Everyone,

August 2019

It's been over 3 years since I have posted any material.

Today I begin with a trilogy based off a challenge someone gave me.

Enjoy the read

~g

October 19, 2010

Sister Wives...yep, I watched it

Sister Wives...yep, I watched it and it is as disgusting and stupid as I thought it would be, give me back my channel 5 and 9!

For those that have not tormented themselves, the wives are not actual sisters.  Up until the season finale there were 3 wives (20, 17 and 16 years married), with those wives he has a total of 12 kids plus one on the way.  (I wonder who pays for the medical on the non legal wives and their kids).

The show tries to tell you that he is innocent.  It is the wives that want the multiple marriages.  The first and only legal wife acts like a scouting ant and trolls for an addition to the 'fold'.  The other two do a 50/50 of sulking and approving.  Then there is the latest victim/potential wife, she has 3 kids of her own (I wonder what the father (divorced) of those children think of her going all Poly and shit).  She lives 5 hours away and he must travel there to 'court' her.

So.....he is 'really' only doing what his 1st, 2nd and 3rd wife want, for him to get another wife.  Yet, throughout the show you hear them complaining about it.  The lack of space, the lack of time with him, blah blah.  Throughout the show you see their emotions are anything but happy.

In a short span of 3 weeks, one wife gives birth, the other is celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary, a third is burning toast ('because toasters kill more people than sharks') and the forth is planning out the wedding reception in record speed.

The 3 wives give the courting potential a claddagh ring (I wonder how the Irish feel about that), something each wears as a bonding, because sharing a man and his spit isn't bonding enough.

In the end, they sit on the sofa, all 'Four' wives like one great big happy family.  Only if you watch wives 1 thru 3 they really don't look happy at all.  Wife 4 is still in delirious mode to be married, has moved closer so that 3 other people can raise her kids while she has a turn with the Nick Nolte look alike stud.

It goes without saying that I am against plural marriages.  But this show really made it something I find disgusting.  The children go to a 'school' for Polys that is not accredited, so they have to take a GED.

Like a train wreck, you don't want to see it but you can't stop watching.

There...now I shared that misery with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment